Documentum BizTalk Adapter V0.1 (Using The Adapter to send Un-typed Documents)

I finished developing the features I planned for the first release of the Documentum BizTalk Adapter. I will try to package the adapter and make it available for download next week.

The adapter allows you to send documents to Documentum Content Server from within BizTalk Server 2006, you can use the adapter in two ways:

1- either send a file to be stored as a document of the general type “dm_document”

2- or use the adapter to send a file to be stored as a document of a certain custom type, in this case I use the add adapter metadata wizard to generate a schema for the selected custom type

In this post I will demonstrate the first way, to do so I created a BizTalk messaging solution that allows you to drop files in a specific folder and automatically these files are sent to Documentum to be stored as objects of type “dm_document”, here are the steps:

- From BizTalk server administration, I created a new Receive Port “ReceiveInputFile” and associated a receive location with this port, the receive location uses a FILE adapter that watches a certain folder (e.g. C:\Inbox\*.*), I used the “PassThruReceive” pipeline

1ntitled

- To send to Documentum I created a new static one way send adapter, choosed the Documentum Adapter as the transport type and the “PassThruTransmit” as the send pipeline, added a filter(BTS.ReceivePortName==ReceiveInputFile) to allow only messages coming from our receive port.

2Untitled

- To Configure the adapter properties, all I have to do is to click on the Configure button and the BizTalk automatically creates a UI based on my custom adapter configuration, through this UI I can choose the Docbase, set the username/password that i will use to connect to Documentum and specify the path inside Documentum where I want my files to be saved, as you can note from the image below I set the Document Name property to be equal to the BizTalk variable %MessageID%

3

- this all that I have to do, now if dropped any file in the folder the file immediately is transferred to Documentum to the location I specified in the adapter configuration

I will post another entry on how you can use the adapter to send documents of a certain custom type

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentum DQL Query Custom Data Extension For SQL Server Reporting Services

Portable Class Library Projects and MVVM Light

Using taco to create Ionic projects for the Windows platform